Do you struggle with your indoor air quality or worry about it a lot? Regular duct cleaning in New Rochelle, NY can help remove dust, allergens, and other substances from the air that you and your family breathe every day. We’ll make sure that your air is as good as we can get it before we go so you can all breathe easier at home.
Do I Need Duct Cleaning?
Some homeowners have never heard of duct cleaning before or they aren’t sure if it’s for them. Here are some key indicators that it’s time to schedule a duct cleaning. If at any time you’re unsure whether you need on, give us a call and we’ll come and inspect. One of the specialists at Cottam Heating & Air Conditioning would be happy to help you figure out if this is right for you.
- Your ducts haven’t been cleaned in at least three years, or you don’t know if they’ve been cleaned. Most ducts need cleaning at least every three to five years to keep indoor air quality high.
- You or someone in your home struggles with asthma and allergies. Removing dust, pollen, and other allergens can help them breathe better at home.
- You can see dust on your registers. This dust comes from inside your HVAC system so it’s time to clean that out!
- You hear noises in your ductwork. Clattering, rattling, and other sounds can mean it’s time to clean out the system.
- The air temperature is different from room to room. This can indicate some clogs in your ducts or large collections of dust that are blocking airflow.
- There’s mold on your furnace or in your HVAC system. Mold is a serious problem. If it’s in your system, it’s in your ducts, too. Cleaning them out can remove the threat of illness caused by these invaders.
- You’ve recently undergone a major home renovation. This can fill your ducts with dust and other tiny debris that you don’t want to breathe.
- Your heating and cooling costs seem to be climbing. Even a small layer of dust in your ducts can make it harder to heat and cool your home.
- You think you have rodents or insects living in your ducts. Get rid of the pests, then clean your ducts to get rid of their droppings, hair, and anything else they’ve left behind.
If any of these are true for you or your home, it’s time for duct cleaning in New Rochelle, NY. Call Cottam when you need someone who can get there fast, evaluate your needs, and clean things out so you can get on with your life. We’ll work fast so your air will be clean again soon.
All of our duct cleanings services involve:
- Sucking as much dust and debris out of your system as possible.
- Treating your system to resist mold, mildew, and bacteria.
- Physically cleaning your registers and the inside of your ducts as far as we can reach.
- Taking care of pest debris left in your duct system.
If air duct cleaning in New Rochelle, NY is on your ToDo list right now, make your appointment with an expert from Cottam today!