Many homeowners don’t think about air conditioning maintenance in New Rochelle, NY until it’s too late and their A/C is already struggling. Regular maintenance can help your air conditioner last longer and save you money, too. When you call in HVAC technicians from Cottam Heating & Air Conditioning to perform your maintenance, you’re calling in some of the best in the city.
All of our maintenance visits include at least these four steps.
- We’ll visually evaluate your entire HVAC system. If we can see it, we’ll take a look. This includes all of the wires and hoses running between your air conditioner and your home, your ductwork, the outside of all units, and more.
- We’ll replace any filters that you have. If you don’t have a traditional HVAC system, you may not have these or they may look different. As long as we can access them easily and they need changing, we’ll put new ones in.
- We’ll clean out any areas we can reach. There are areas on your air conditioner and in your system where dust and debris tend to collect. We’ll clean off your coils as well as any other areas we can reach. This makes it easier for your system to pull in the outdoor air that it needs.
- We’ll test every component of your system against the manufacturer’s specifications. This allows us to see how efficiently your air conditioner is working and whether certain parts are wearing out, even if they haven’t stopped working yet.
If we find anything wrong with your unit during our air conditioning maintenance in New Rochelle, NY, we’ll let you know. We’ll fix it if you want us to, or you can choose to wait and see what happens. Either way, you’ll know the condition of your air conditioner and what you can expect from it this summer.
The Benefits of Air Conditioning Maintenance
Homeowners in New Rochelle, NY may think that air conditioning maintenance is just another expense that they don’t need, but they are wrong. Regular maintenance can benefit homeowners in several ways.
- It reduces your energy usage. When your air conditioner isn’t trying to pull outside air in through dense layers of dust and debris, it won’t have to work as hard. This saves you on energy costs and reduces the overall load on the energy companies.
- It reduces wear and tear. When your system works too hard, it’s a lot easier to burn out your motor or other parts of the unit faster than you might have expected. We’ll make it easier for your A/C to run so you don’t have to repair or replace it as often.
- It saves you the hassle. If we find a part that isn’t working and can replace it during maintenance, you don’t risk having that part break down when it’s really hot outside. Repairing things ahead of time is so much easier than replacing them when it’s an emergency.
Call us at Cottam if you’re ready for air conditioning maintenance in New Rochelle, NY. We’ll get you on our schedule soon so you can have the peace of mind that your A/C will work well for you this year.